COME TOGETHER AND PLAY
Sandlot baseball is a fun relaxed environment for baseball and softball players to enjoy unstructured play - just like in the backyard and as portrayed in the classic movie The Sandlot.
We ditch the rulebook (for the most part) and play old fashioned backyard ball. It's about the players - it's their game - and it's their time to play. We will divide evenly into teams and play coach pitch scrimmages and mini games.
When: Sunday afternoons 3pm - 5pm (September - October)
Where: Aulander, NC ballfield
Frequently Asked Questions
1) What about Parents/Caregivers: The Sandlot League is for the players. Parents and caregivers simply need to provide transportation - pick up and drop off - for participating players.
2) Why the Sandlot League: It's fun, unstructured "just go play ball" type of environment where kids can play - learn - and spend time with their peers.
3) How does it work: The players have fun. We have access to an open field (Aulander ballfield) and players show up - split into teams - and play ball for a couple of hours each Sunday afternoon. Coach Matthews will help divide up players and facilitate mini-games and coach-pitched scrimmages.
4) What are the basics: Players sign up through the electronic form - parents/caregivers drop them off Sunday's at 3pm and pick them up at 5pm. Participants should bring their own bat, glove, and helmet. Participants simply need to wear comfortable clothing for playing outside - getting dirty - and having fun.
5) What about food/drinks: Players should bring their own water or Gatorade to stay hydrated.
6) Are there any limitations: Participation is only limited to grades 4-8 and players should register in advance if they plan to participate.
HOW TO PLAY
Youth in grades 4-8 are eligible to participate.
Players will need to bring their own equipment such as, glove, bat, and helmet
Facilitated by Coach Matthews - players will simply "play ball"